Welcome back!


Welcome to a new schoolyear with the Intermediate Class.
Half of the class are new students, however all are not new to the school,
and half of the class are the same students from last year.
The teachers are the same as last year!
Jeri and Anki.
Anki is also going to be teaching music at the school this year.
We're looking forward to an exciting and eventful year together!
We will learn a lot of new things, practice on things we've learned earlier and we will share some of our work and thoughts right here on the blog.

The blog is a learning place.
A tool for us where we can practice and use what we've learned.
A form of documentation of what we do in school.
And also a place for you, the parents, to see more of what we do,
and to take part in our work by leaving comments and pose questions.

We hope that you will visit this blog frequently and that you leave a short comment, or long, when you've visited. It's a tremendous appreciation and inspiration for the students to see that what we put on here is actually read by someone!
And the comments makes it much more fun to participate and contribute to it!

So please, come in and visit!
We love to share our work!

And again -

Welcome Back!

8 comments:

Anne Cummins said...

Intermediates and Anki: Your blog is very impressive and I look forward to seeing all of the great things you do this year! I have to say that the highlight of our first visit was being able to see pictures of Aragon and Bubba. Daniel's younger brothers have been glued to the pictures and talking about them nonstop! I am also inspired to re-read some of the books on your book shelf list. Keep up the good work! We will check in often. Anne Cummins (with Michael,5 & Christopher,2) BTW, Michael wants to know what a bearded dragon eats?

MAY said...

The whole family is excited to start the new year. We have a very old computer but it was worth the hour plus that it took us to get on the site and explore. We really enjoyed looking at the pictures from last year. We plan to visit again soon!

Miss Anki said...

Cumminsclan: Thank you for leaving this nice comment! I'm so glad you like the blog and the pictures and posts from last year. We're very fortunate to have some of the students sharing their pets with us, and it's going to be fun having the Hermit Crabs in here too!

Michael - a bearded dragon eats fruit, grasshoppers and other small insects, and we also give him some pellets that we buy at the pet store. Next time you are in our classroom you're welcome to come and have a closer look at Eragon and the other animals.

MAY: I'm so happy you took the time to stop in on our blog. And that you were willing to wait for it to load. We're looking forward to your next visit of course, and we'll try to put on lots of new things as soon as possible. Please come into our real classroom too and have a look at the animals we have.

Thanks for leaving this nice comment, and hope to hear from you again soon.

/Anki

drplaney said...

What a fantastic blog site and a really cool way to keep up with what all of you are learning! Your pets are awesome too! Cole has an Anole lizard at home--not quite as big as the lizard in your classroom. I look forward to meeting your pets and, of course, all of you :-)

Miss Anki said...

drplaney: I'm so happy that you like the blog! It is a really fun way to show what we do, and easy for you to follow our adventures too. Cole told me about his lizard, maybe he can bring in a picture of it, or you can e-mail it to me, and he could write something about it on the blog?

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you soon.
Have a great weekend!

maurtee said...

Hi, I am Daniel Cummins's Nana.
Every time I see a new aspect of the experience at Howard Gardner, it fills my heart. What a beautiful way to discover who we are in relation to the people and things around us. My Grandsons are truely planted in great soil. I was born 2 generations too soon. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

Miss Anki said...

maurtee: Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you like the blog and our schools way of working. We're happy to share with you and I hope you come visit us often, both on the web and in the school house. And it's never too late to learn new things! :D

Welcome and please come again!

intermediates said...

Hi Mom can you call Grandma and tell her the blog page? Oh and tell her that I am painting my room pink and blue and white.

Leanna