Traveling Words!



I picked up an idea from a teacher in Sweden.

Make a notebook out of lined paper.
It should only be able to hold two to three words on each line.
The topic is to write what comes to mind when you see the short word the previous writer chose.

You can write a little story.
A poem.
A riddle.
A question.
Anything that comes to mind when you see the word.

When you have written your lines,
choose a new word.
A short word,
for the next writer.
If you want to you can sign your entry.

The students really took this to their hearts.
They are Reading.
And Writing.
And Thinking.
And Communicating.

So if you are visiting our classroom, please read our Traveling Words.
It's always up on the board.
Unless someone is writing in it, that is!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Hallo Miss Anki and all students!

What a great idea, I think I will try it in my class in Ytterharnäs skola, Furuvik!
Many hugs from Jane, your old colleague ;)
(Found you in Körlings blog today)

Maria i Falkenberg said...

Keep on writing and communicating! I'd love to check in now and then.
I'm a Swedish school teacher and I work in a small school with children 6-11 years old. They also love to write.
Have a nice first week of Advent!
Maria

Miss Anki said...

Maria: Welcome! Thanks for checking in on us. Have a lovely First week of Advent too.

Jane: Hello! Nice to hear from you again. What a small world it is, found me in Korlings blog. How about that.:D Yes, try it! It's a great writing idea.

Looking forward to writing with you both again.
Happy Advent Time!

intermediates said...

That seems like so much fun.I can't wait to try.