The Story Teller!



Yesterday I told the story of the World Tree, Yggdrasil.
It was the opening lesson for our next project which is Norse Mythology.
I told about the Gods and the Giants, and about the Nine worlds that you can find in Yggdrasil.
The costume is a type of Viking Age clothing for women. A costume I actually have worn at a Viking festival in my hometown, some years back. Oh my, when I think about it - it's 16 years ago!!! Well, the outfit still fits! I'm glad I could use it again to make the lesson a little more interesting and authentic.

I think they all thought the story was quite interesting and exciting and I'm looking forward to working on this project with the students.

4 comments:

intermediates said...

I loved the story and I am so excited to start the lesson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam's Mom said...

That sounds really interesting! I am enjoying this blog and I love to hear about what is happening in the classroom! You are all doing great work!

Miss Anki said...

C: Thanks! Looking so much forward to starting the project today.

Sam's Mom: Welcome, so glad you like the blog. Lot's of more fun and interestin things will be published and it really is a great way fo telling about the things we do at school.

intermediates said...

The Story Teller Is Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!